Sunday 25 May 2008

Nani Bird

Two days before leaving to go to Bonnie Scotland I came across "Nani Bird" founded by Josh Bird, who creates these wonderful paper birds...

... Anyway, all the patterns on the birds were full of solid colour and weren't really that apt for the event in Scotland so I sent Josh an e-mail outlining what I was doing, the fact I had little/ no budget and asked whether he'ld be interested in designing some templates so we could place the birds in the Che Camille boutique. Anyway... he replied back that day, I photographed some fabric samples and between us we came up with a set of designs that reflected the kimono fabrics in a graphic way on these paper Japanese-style birds.

Since working so closely with Hetty on this project I have a reasonably good idea of what she does/ doesn't like but just to make sure I sent Hetty a link to Josh's site and she loved the birds too!

... I received the designs the afternoon before I was about to travel, along with ai templates so I could create my own, which I did, I printed off a set of 18+ of both our designs and spray mounted them on cardboard and plan utilise our time on the train by making lots of little paper birds as well as other little tasks we've planned to do on our journey up there... (necklace making, card folding, collage cutting put for wall etc.) THANK YOU JOSH!!!

1 comment:

Carmen Adorno said...

Beautiful birds! How can I get this beautiful new NaniBirds & peeps for my nephew & Niece collection??