Friday 23 May 2008

Real life.

"It all (very nearly) went Pete Tong" today.

Design ideals and real life concerns coincided in a huge way and Hetty was faced with this which would also have a knock on affect with the fmp. She called me as soon as she found out and there was a chance the show in Scotland may not go ahead, or may have to reduced. Anyway by the end of the day the issue she was faced with sorted itself out and we're both looking forward to going to Scotland and putting up all the work in place...

but I learnt a great deal today.

> About how best to deal with the situation... This project is set in the real world, so my reactions would have consequences inside and outside of Chelsea.
> I told Hetty that whatever she decides I will understand as obviously family comes first.
> As well as in the mean time I just had to continue with things... I had an afternoon with Mick in laser cutting planned and just had continue on with my day as I had planned it until both Hetty and I had our meeting in the evening to discuss what to do next.
> What I realised through talking to David and Geoff as that this is real life and these things happen, it's not ideal but a solution can be found.

Anyway, this was a circumstance beyond my control and obviously I felt for Hetty, but we're back on track and getting back to moving as we were... so here goes...

No comments: