Friday 29 February 2008

Ideas Factory.

So much of my time is taken up doing D&AD (letterpressing) that I haven't had a chance to reword these new ideas... but here they are...

IDEA ONE:
(Themes: Lucky Charms, Objects with meaning…)

Objects can have hidden stories and hold memories for many; from my four- year old cousin who carries around a hair clip because she thinks it’s magical, to the old lady who carries a rock (essentially a big flat pebble) given to her by her late husband. I intend to create visuals around this topic in a book documenting the value of these possessions...

>>> Notes:
- Perhaps...shoes and their stories, where people have worn the shoes
- What's in peoples bags? ... private worlds in public spaces
- Giving something a value through sentiment.
- SHOE BOX MEMORIES... I know so many people that keep odd little ephemera and memories inside a shoe-box... I could make a whole book about this.

IDEA TWO:
LIES
_



Through research into the role of lies I intend to use the results from lie detector to produce a mapping of information graphics documenting people’s relationships to truth telling and exposing interesting facts that people have lied about. As well as seeing how far a few white lies can get people or even myself?!

(This idea stemmed from the fact a friend told me i was a terrible at lying so I was wondering of testing and researching this)

No comments: